Thursday, October 7, 2010

Transfer

On the surface, the German sci-fi Transfer is a pretty good movie. Slick and stylish, with an interesting premise that challenges some of our current ideologies. As such, upon exiting the film I told my colleague I liked it. But then I did what any self-respecting sci-fi fan would do: I tore the movie apart, bit by bit. And unfortunately, it did not stand up to even the gentlest probing. The plot was riddled with giant holes of ridiculous implausibility. Why would they do that? And really, how come that? And that??? Puh-lease!! But you know - on the surface, I really did enjoy it. The absurdly gorgeous lead couple didn't hurt, if you know what I mean.. All in all, I reckon this film would appeal to sci-fi dabblers who are content with imperfect writing, and sci-fi connoisseurs who love to tear mediocre attempts to shreds. (we all know you're out there!)

No comments:

Post a Comment