Sunday, October 10, 2010

In The Wake Of The Flood / Yesno

Yesno was a very short short, based on the poetry of Dennis Lee (whom I love). It's a mad, fanstastic visual romp through some great writing. I hope to see it again, cuz there's more to take in than I could process in that short time. For those who know the artist, it was a little like a Schertzer brought to kinetic life.

In The Wake Of The Flood
was surprisingly fantastic. I say surprising only due to my own uncertain bias. I chose the movie because it happened to fit into my scheduling. I also tend to like Margaret Atwood, though would not count myself among her die-hard fans, not by a long shot. But I do love her sharp wit and soft style, and having seen her read twice now, I can assure you it's a treat. And I learned a few things about her which I'll admit, only made me like her a whole lot more. The film chronicles her latest book tour, in which she employed the talents of volunteer singers and actors to bring her story to life. Despite finding the music a bit staid, I absolutely enjoyed the energy behind it. This film was also an interesting departure for director Ron Mann so you know, hooray for him. As a bonus treat, the audience got to participate in a Skype q&a with Atwood and Mann which was a ton of fun. Viva technology!!

No comments:

Post a Comment